Roger Douglas was on Morning Report this morning, once again banging on about how we should privatise more stuff to save ourselves. I was interested to hear him complaining that National led government isn’t doing what he said they should, given that they clearly are. They have plans for
- privatising more health provision
- private prisons
- increased funding to private schools
- private competition in work accident insurance
- privatisation of many local government services
- private provision of social welfare services
Exactly what is Douglas concerned National is unwilling to privatise?